Some surgeons listed on your site have ‘Coalition Member’ next to their names, while some do not. Is there any significance to this? Does it indicate any difference in skill level or qualifications? Thanks.
While all hair transplant surgeons recommended on the Hair Transplant Network perform quality follicular unit hair transplantation, only some of them have developed the capability to perform very large sessions of ultra refined and densely packed follicular unit grafts . Those top clinics which have this capacity and an proven track record of outstanding results and ethics are eligible for membership in the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians.
To learn more visit the membership standards page of the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center.
A physician must meet the following requirements before being granted membership in the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians:
- A demonstrated capability to successfully perform large sessions of ultra refined follicular unit grafting using tiny incisions and grafts that are microscopically prepared.
- The ability to dense pack tiny follicular unit grafts in a given area when appropriate.
- Mastery and control of the orientation and direction of the transplanted grafts to achieve a completely natural appearance.
- Dedication to doing state of the art hair transplantation exclusively or at least as the main specialty of the clinic.
- Excellent patient results demonstrating a high level of artistry and naturalness throughout, as well as excellent growth rates.
- An excellent reputation of the physician amongst colleagues and former patients.
- Several years experience in performing hair restoration surgery.
- Medical training, depth of background, board certifications, honors, credentials, lectures, and published articles and books.
The chief advantage of the very large 3,000 plus graft sessions that can be dense packed are that patients can achieve more coverage and density in less time and hair transplant sessions than if they go to a clinic that does not have the capacity to perform such large and high density sessions.
I hope this clarifies the difference.
Pat, Publisher of the Hair Transplant Network.com