One of the questions most often asked by hair loss sufferers on our Hair Restoration Forum and Social Network is how to care for your newly transplanted hair in the days and weeks following hair restoration surgery. While it is always best to follow your hair transplant surgeon’s aftercare advice, there are some basic rules of thumb to be aware of.
- Do not bump your head the first few days after a hair transplant.
- Do not pick at the scabs on your head with your nails.
- Avoid extreme sweating for the first 10 days post-op.
- Sleep at an incline for the first 7 to 10 days.
- Walking can minimize swelling the first 7 days post op.
- Avoid exposing your scalp to the sun for the first 3 months after surgery.
To learn more about caring your hair transplant or to add your own post-operative regimen, you are encouraged to join the discussion, How Gentle Do You Need Need to be Recipient Area After a Hair Transplant?