Here are some hair transplant surgery tips. These have been collected from a number of experienced hair transplant patients. Keep in mind that many of these are only opinions shared by those who have experienced hair transplantation.
- Stay overnight local to the hair transplant clinic
- Get to the hair restoration clinic early in order to not be rushed as this will allow you ample time to go through everything with the hair transplant doctor.
- Have a list of questions for the hair transplant physician that you want answered.
- Take 2 loose hats with you. (one might not fit)
- Take a travel pillow, very handy. Especially on the journey home.
- Get to bed early the night before. Aided sleep is advisable.
- Consider getting a massage the day before to help with relaxation.
- Wear a buttoned up shirt for the day of surgery. It’s easier to get on and off.
- Avoid – Alcohol, vitamins, minoxodil, MSM 7 days pre op (length of time varies from clinic to clinic). They can thin the blood.
- Wash hair the morning of the hair transplantation surgery and wear lots of deodorant. Its a long sweaty day!
- Make sure you have made your story clear to the various people in your life as to why you are away for the next 2/3/4 weeks
- Make sure you’ve filled your pain medication prescription BEFORE hair transplant surgery as opposed to waiting until the night before.
- Have the clinic take lots of preoperative pictures in order to have a controlled comparison for postoperation.
- My tip to anyone travelling long distances is to fly home the day after surgery! At one day post-op I had no swelling and no pain because my head was still totally numb! I flew home four days post-op and my head looked like a balloon and the aneasthetic was beginning to wear off which made for a long and uncomfortable flight home!
- If you are going to do zero percent credit card, sign up the month before the procedure not the month after. they don’t like 10K balance transfer and won’t give you a high enough limit.
- Read the postoperative instructions before you have the HT. Write down any key questions and tick them off before you leave the surgery. Its easy to forget to ask, what with the injections etc.
- Figure out your communications strategy. I decided to tell people on a need to know basis which meant that I told only a few.
- Do not watch comedy DVD’s during the procedure – It can result in you laughing and moving your head at the wrong time!
- Take a MP3, IPOD or CD player for the surgery day.
Technorati Tags: hair transplant, hair transplant patient, hair transplant clinic, hair restoration, hair transplant doctor, hair transplant physician, minoxodil, MSM, hair transplantation, hair transplant surgery, HT