|Important Note – Please read the below agreement before accessing and using this web site. By accessing this site you agree to be bound by the terms and conditions outlined below. If you do not agree to these terms please discontinue usage of this web site.|
The publishers and editors of this web site are former hair loss sufferers and not medical professionals. Medical questions should be directed to qualified medical professionals.
No information provided on this site constitutes a warranty of any kind; nor shall visitors to the site rely solely on any such information or advice.
Considering the real-time nature of our web sites, it is impossible for us to review messages or confirm the validity of information posted. We do not vouch for or warrant the accuracy, completeness or usefulness of any message, and are not responsible for the contents of any message. The messages express the views of the author of the message, not necessarily the views of this community or any entity associated with or sponsoring this community.
Notice – The images and photos on this Web Site contain embedded watermarks that are tracked online by Digimarc.
Access to the Web Sites
By using our Web Sites, you certify you are 18 years of age or older. If you are not 18 years old or older, you are not authorized to use our Web Site.
No Medical Advice
The publishers and editors of the Web Sites are former hair loss sufferers and not medical professionals. Our Web Sites and their contents are for your personal, non-commercial use. Any content contained on the Web Sites should not be used to determine treatment for a specific medical condition without consulting your qualified health care provider. The content on the Web Sites is not intended to be, nor should you treat it as, a substitute for proper medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment. The information and content on the Web Sites should not be considered complete, nor should you rely upon such information to suggest a course of treatment or as a substitute for advice from a qualified health professional who is familiar with your particular medical needs. Never disregard professional medical advice or delay seeking it because of something you read on the Web Sites. If you think you may have a medical emergency, call your doctor or 9-1-1 immediately.
Comments, suggestions or information offered by physicians on the Web Sites are intended to be for general education and do not constitute medical advice or take the place of an actual in person medical consultation.
The Sites are provided as an educational resource. They do not take the place of a medical consultation with a qualified hair restoration physician. The physicians suggested on our Web Sites are to the best of our knowledge quality hair restoration physicians. However, Media Visions cannot vouch for these physicians, their experience, their credentials or the quality of their care. Please visit http://www.hairtransplantnetwork.com/Consult-a-Physician/our-criteria.htm for more information on how we identify the hair restoration physicians who are listed on our Web Sites.
Web Site visitors are expected to do their own due diligence and research in selecting a physician and/or treatments. Media Visions and the Web Sites, and their employees, our partners, affiliates, sponsors, providers, licensors, or merchants make no warranties or guarantees, express or implied, as to the results or quality of care provided by the physicians or treatments presented on these Web Sites. We expressly disclaim any liability arising from consultation with, or treatment from, any of the physicians and their clinics presented on these Sites.
Some portions of our Web Sites provide you an opportunity to make submissions, to offer comments or to post or exchange messages, ideas, notes, suggestions, photographs, videos, questions, information or materials with Media Visions or one another (collectively, “User Submissions”).
Any decisions as to whether any User Submissions violate any Posting Rule will be made by the Web Sites in their sole discretion and after they have actual notice of such posting. When you provide User Submissions, you agree to the following Posting Rules:
You will not provide a User Submission that:
- fails to divulge in your posting signature any compensation, monetary or otherwise, that you are, may, or will receive from any physician, company, establishment, or other persons in any post that promotes or advocates that physician, or any particular procedure or treatment.
- contains links or references to websites or resources of a promotional nature that are outside our network of websites and resources.
- contains the image of any person under the age of 18, without the express permission of the minor’s parent or legal guardian.
- contains the image of any person, without that person’s express permission.
- contains copyrighted or other proprietary material of any kind without the express permission of the owner of that material.
- contains vulgar, profane, abusive, racist or hateful language or expressions, epithets or slurs, text, photographs or illustrations in poor taste, or inflammatory attacks of a personal, racial or religious nature.
- is defamatory, threatening, disparaging, grossly inflammatory, obscene or sexually-oriented, false, misleading, fraudulent, inaccurate, unfair, contains gross exaggeration or unsubstantiated claims, violates the privacy rights of any third party, or is unreasonably harmful or offensive to any individual or community.
- violates any right of the Web Sites or any third party.
- discriminates or promotes discrimination on the grounds of race, religion, national origin, gender, age, marital status, sexual orientation or disability, or refers to such matters in any manner prohibited by law.
- violates or encourages the violation of any municipal, state, federal or international law, rule, regulation or ordinance.
- interferes with any third party’s uninterrupted use of the Web Sites.
- advertises, promotes or offers to trade any goods or services, except in areas specifically designated for such purpose or with express written permission of Media Visions.
- uses or attempts to use an alter-identity, secondary username, or alias to attack or harass community members.
- uploads or transmits viruses or other harmful, disruptive or destructive files, material or code.
- disrupts, interferes with, or otherwise harms or violates the security of the Sites, or any services, system resources, accounts, passwords, servers or networks connected to or accessible through the Sites or affiliated or linked sites.
- “flames” any individual or entity (e.g., sends repeated messages related to another user and/or makes derogatory or offensive comments about another individual), or repeats prior posting of the same message under multiple threads or subjects.
WARNING: A VIOLATION OF THESE POSTING RULES MAY BE REFERRED TO LAW ENFORCEMENT AUTHORITIES.
Screening and Removal:
Representations and Warranties:
We welcome your User Submissions on our Web Sites. However, for any User Submissions you post, upload, or otherwise make available (“Provide”) to the Web Sites, you grant Media Visions, Inc., its affiliates and related entities, including the Web Sites and their affiliated newsletters, web sites, and other media, a worldwide, royalty-free, non-exclusive right to use, copy, reproduce, distribute, publish, publicly display, make minor modifications that do not substantively alter submissions, adapt, translate, archive, store such User Submissions, in any form, format, or medium, of any kind now known or later developed. Without limiting the generality of the previous sentence, you authorize Media Visions to share the User Submission across all Web Sites and other media affiliated with Media Visions, to include the User Submission in a searchable format accessible by users of the Web Sites, to place advertisements in close proximity to such User Submission, and to use your name, likeness and any other information in connection with its use of the User Submissions you provide. All rights in this paragraph are granted without the need for additional compensation of any sort to you.
Assumption of Risk:
Media Visions and the Web Sites cannot and do not monitor or manage all User Submissions, and do not guarantee the accuracy, integrity, or quality of User Submissions All User Submissions provided to the Web Sites are the sole responsibility of the persons who provided them. This means that you are entirely responsible for all User Submissions that you provide.
To protect your safety, please use your best judgment when using the Web Site forums. We discourage divulging personal phone numbers and addresses or other information that can be used to identify or locate you. You acknowledge and agree that if you make such disclosures either through posting on any bulletin board, forum, blogspace, message or chat area, or uploading text, images, audio files or other audio-visual content, in classified advertising you place or in other interactive areas, or to third parties in any communication, you do so fully understanding that such information could be used to identify you.
Using the Web Sites
The Web Sites, which include the content, html, source and object code, trademarks, logos, and the like (collectively, “the Material”), with the exception of User Submissions as defined above, are protected by copyright under both United States and foreign laws. Media Visions, and/or its affiliated companies, licensors and suppliers, own the Material. By using our Web Sites, you acknowledge and agree that these rights are valid and protected in all forms, media, and technologies existing now or hereinafter developed. You may use the Material solely for your personal, non-commercial use, and you may download or print a single copy of any portion of the Material solely for your personal, non-commercial use, provided you do not remove any trademark, copyright or other notice from such Material.
The trademarks Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians, the Hair Transplant Network, the Hair Restoration Discussion Forum, the Hair Restoration Social Network, hair-restoration-info.com, regrowhair.com, hairlosslearningcenter.org, hairtransplantnetwork.com, and hairrestorationnetwork.com are the trademarks of Media Visions. All other designs, graphics, logos, slogans, product names and service names are trademarks or service marks of Media Visions. All other trademarks not owned by Media Visions or its affiliates that appear on our Web Sites are the property of or are used under license from their respective owners, who may or may not be affiliated with, connected to or sponsored by Media Visions or its affiliates.
Linking to Our Sites
All rights not expressly granted herein are reserved to Media Visions and/or its affiliated companies, licensors and suppliers. Any other use of our Web Sites or their contents – without our written permission – is strictly prohibited.
You are prohibited from violating or attempting to violate the security of our Web Sites, including, without limitation, (a) accessing data not intended for you or logging onto a server or an account that you are not authorized to access; (b) attempting to probe, scan or test the vulnerability of a system or network or to breach security or authentication measures without proper authorization; (c) attempting to interfere with service to any user, host or network, including, without limitation, by submitting a virus to the Site, overloading, “flooding,” “spamming,” “mail-bombing” or “crashing;” (d) sending unsolicited email, including promotions and/or advertising of products or services; or (e) forging any TCP/IP packet header or any part of the header information in any email or newsgroup posting. Violations of system or network security may result in civil or criminal liability. Media Visions will investigate occurrences that may involve such violations and may involve, and cooperate with, law enforcement authorities in prosecuting users who are involved in such violations. You agree not to use any device, software or routine to interfere or attempt to interfere with the proper working of the Web Sites or any activity being conducted on the Web Sites. You agree, further, not to use or attempt to use any engine, software, tool, agent or other device or mechanism (including without limitation browsers, spiders, robots, avatars or intelligent agents) to navigate or search the Web Sites other than the search engine and search agents available from Media Visions on the Web Sites and other than generally available third party web browsers (e.g., Netscape Navigator, Microsoft Internet Explorer, FireFox, Firebug).
Media Visions reserves the right, but not the obligation, to monitor areas of our Web Sites electronically. Media Visions further reserves the right to disclose any content, records, or electronic communication of any kind if we are required to do so by any law, regulation, or court order, or if such disclosure is necessary or appropriate to operate the Web Sites or to protect Media Visions’ rights or property, or the rights of the other Web Site users, or our partners, affiliates, sponsors, providers, licensors, or merchants. In the event that Media Visions is advised of the existence of potentially defamatory, infringing or illegal content, Media Visions may investigate such claims and determine in our sole discretion whether to remove such content from our Web Sites.
During your visit to the Web Sites, you may link to, or view as part of a frame, certain content that is actually created or hosted by a third party. Because the Web Sites have no control over third party sites and resources, you acknowledge and agree that the Web Sites are not responsible for the availability of external sites or resources, nor for the content, actions, or policies of those sites. Information you provide on such sites, including personal information and transactional information, is subject to the terms of service of those sites.
Notice of Intellectual Property Infringement
In accordance with the Digital Millennium Copyright Act (DMCA) and other applicable law, it is the policy of the Web Sites, in appropriate circumstances, to terminate the Registration Account of a Member who is deemed to infringe third party intellectual property rights or to remove a User Submission(s) that is deemed to be infringing. If you believe that your work has been copied in a way that constitutes copyright infringement and is displayed on the Web Sites, please provide substantially the following information to our Copyright Agent (please consult your legal counsel or see 17 U.S.C. Section 512(c)(3) to confirm these requirements):
- an electronic or physical signature of the person authorized to act on behalf of the owner of the copyright or other intellectual property interest;
- a description of your copyrighted work or other intellectual property that you claim has been infringed;
- a description of where the material you claim is infringing is located on the Site (providing us with the website URL is the quickest way to help us locate content quickly);
- your address, telephone number, and e-mail address;
- a statement by you that you have a good faith belief that the disputed use is not authorized by the copyright owner, its agent, or the law;
- a statement by you, made under penalty of perjury, that the above information in your notice is accurate and that you are the copyright or intellectual property owner or authorized to act on the copyright or intellectual property owner’s behalf.
The Web Sites’ copyright agent can be reached as follows:
Media Visions, Inc.
53 Cartlane Circle
Chalfont, PA 18914
Email – copyright@HairTransplantNetwork.com Telephone – 954-558-0579 Fax – 352-226-8092
Please note that the above contact information is for intellectual property infringement notices only. DO NOT CONTACT THE SITES’ COPYRIGHT AGENT FOR OTHER INQUIRIES OR QUESTIONS. For other inquiries or questions, please use the information listed in the Contact Us section below. Please also note that, pursuant to Section 512(f) of the Copyright Act, any person who knowingly materially misrepresents that material or activity is infringing may be subject to liability.
Counter-Notification for Intellectual Property Infringement:
If you elect to send us a counter-notice in response to a notice of intellectual property infringement, to be effective it must be a written communication provided to the Web Sites’ designated Copyright Agent (see above for contact information) that includes substantially the following (please consult your legal counsel or see 17 U.S.C. Section 512(g)(3) to confirm these requirements):
- an electronic or physical signature of the registered user;
- a description of the material that has been removed or to which access has been disabled and the location at which the material appeared before it was removed or access to it was disabled (providing us with a website URL is the quickest way to help us locate content quickly);
- your address, telephone number, and e-mail address;
- a statement by you, under penalty of perjury, that you have a good faith belief that the material was removed or disabled as a result of mistake or misidentification of the material to be removed or disabled; and
- a statement by you that you consent to the jurisdiction of the Federal District Court for the judicial district in which your address is located, or if your address is outside of the United States, for any judicial district in which the Site may be found, and that you will accept service of process from the person who provided notification of intellectual property infringement or an agent of such person.
Please note that under Section 512(f) of the Copyright Act, any person who knowingly materially misrepresents that material or activity was removed or disabled by mistake or misidentification may be subject to liability.
General Disclaimer and Limitation of Liability
While the Web Sites use reasonable efforts to include accurate and up-to-date information, we make no warranties or representations as to the accuracy of the content and assume no liability or responsibility for any error or omission in the content. The Web Sites do not represent or warrant that use of any content will not infringe rights of third parties. The Web Sites have no responsibility for actions of third parties or for content provided by others, including User Submissions.
USE OF THE WEB SITES IS AT YOUR OWN RISK. ALL CONTENT IS PROVIDED “AS IS” AND “AS AVAILABLE.” NEITHER MEDIA VISIONS, THE WEB SITES, NOR ANY OF THEIR AFFILIATED OR RELATED COMPANIES, NOR ANY OF THE EMPLOYEES, AGENTS, SPONSORS, CONTENT PROVIDERS OR LICENSORS OF ANY OF THEM, MAKES ANY REPRESENTATION OR WARRANTY OF ANY KIND REGARDING THE SITES, THE CONTENT, ANY ADVERTISING MATERIAL, INFORMATION, PRODUCTS OR SERVICES AVAILABLE ON OR THROUGH THE SITES, AND/OR THE RESULTS THAT MAY BE OBTAINED FROM USE OF THE SITES OR SUCH CONTENT OR SERVICES. ALL EXPRESS OR IMPLIED WARRANTIES, INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, WARRANTIES AGAINST INFRINGEMENT, AND WARRANTIES THE SITES WILL MEET YOUR REQUIREMENTS, BE UNINTERRUPTED, TIMELY, SECURE OR ERROR FREE, ARE SPECIFICALLY DISCLAIMED. THE SITES AND THEIR AFFILIATES ARE NOT RESPONSIBLE OR LIABLE FOR CONTENT POSTED BY THIRD PARTIES, ACTIONS OF ANY THIRD PARTY, OR FOR ANY DAMAGE TO, OR VIRUS THAT MAY INFECT, YOUR COMPUTER EQUIPMENT OR OTHER PROPERTY.
THE WEB SITES CONTAIN FACTS, VIEWS, OPINIONS, STATEMENTS AND RECOMMENDATIONS OF THIRD PARTY INDIVIDUALS AND ORGANIZATIONS. THE SITES DO NOT REPRESENT OR ENDORSE THE ACCURACY, CURRENTNESS OR RELIABILITY OF ANY ADVICE, OPINION, STATEMENT OR OTHER INFORMATION DISPLAYED, UPLOADED OR DISTRIBUTED THROUGH THE SITES. ANY RELIANCE UPON ANY SUCH OPINION, ADVICE, STATEMENT OR INFORMATION IS AT YOUR SOLE RISK.
IN NO EVENT SHALL THE SITES OR THEIR AFFILIATES, EMPLOYEES, AGENTS, SPONSORS, CONTENT PROVIDERS OR LICENSORS BE LIABLE FOR ANY INDIRECT, CONSEQUENTIAL, SPECIAL, INCIDENTAL OR PUNITIVE DAMAGES INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, DAMAGES RELATED TO UNAUTHORIZED ACCESS TO OR ALTERATION OF YOUR TRANSMISSIONS OR DATA, THE CONTENT OR ANY ERRORS OR OMISSIONS IN THE CONTENT, EVEN IF ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES. IN NO EVENT SHALL THE SITES OR THEIR AFFILIATES, EMPLOYEES, AGENTS, CONTENT PROVIDERS OR LICENSORS BE LIABLE FOR ANY AMOUNT FOR DIRECT DAMAGES IN EXCESS OF $100.
The Web Sites are controlled, operated and administered by Media Visions from its offices within the United States. The Web Sites make no representation that materials or content available through the Web Sites are appropriate or available for use outside the United States and access to them from territories where their contents are illegal is prohibited. You may not use the Web Sites or export their content in violation of U.S. export laws and regulations. If you access the Web Sites from a location outside the United States, you are responsible for compliance with all applicable laws.
Discontinuation of Service
Choice of Law
Statute of Limitations
No Class Actions
To contact the Sites, please use the following address:
Media Visions, Inc.
5722 South Flamingo Road#355
Fort Lauderdale, Florida 33330
Email – help@HairTransplantNetwork.com
Telephone – 954-558-0579