87 Comments

1. Jesse Hoagland
    October 20, 2006 @ 7:12 pm

Personally, I am going to have to disagree with this article. I had a Bosley procedure done about a year ago and had a fantastic experience. So did my brother-in-law who had a procedure done a few years ago (had two by now) with Bosley.

From the people I’ve talked to who actually went through this procedure with Bosley, everyone had a great experience. Which is not to say that some might have a bad experience.

With that being said, I would say that more important than reading on these forums, is to actually just go in and meet the doctor and see the clinic that you are considering.

2. eric johnson
    January 23, 2007 @ 3:15 pm

Jesse,
    I am very relieved to actually hear good news from a bosley patient, I just had 2036 transplants done at Bosley for a cost of a little under 12,000 dollars. I had this done on 12/15/06. So it’s only been about six weeks. I went to their Dallas office. So far everything they told me has happened. For the first couple of weeks I had a bunch of little hairs growing in the frontal area and top, now, six weeks out they have almost all gone. I must admit after stumbling onto this website and reading all the negative comments about Bosley I have gotten nervous. I am 42 years old and have been thinning very slowly for about 20 years in the frontal top area. I would like to talk with any former Bosley patients that had good experiences like yourself, I do feel better after reading your letter. I was starting to wonder if any bosley patients were happy with their results. I guess I will know in a few months how it went for me.

Eric

3. Phil
    May 17, 2007 @ 3:25 am

eric, so it’s been several months since you got your Bosley transplant. how is it?

4. Bosley friendly
    December 6, 2007 @ 4:14 pm

There is a negative website about Bosley from a disgruntled patient (“bosley medical violations”).
    See http://www.bosleymedical-vs-michaelstevenkremer.com
    for rebuttal.

Make your own decision.

F.O.B.

5. happyhair
    June 15, 2008 @ 11:39 pm

I have had two procedures done with Bosley and I am thrilled with the results of the first procedure (Jun 07) and just finished the second a week ago (Jun 08), so will see how that turns out.

I am surprised the host of this site does not talk highly of Bosley, as I had my first procedure done in Dallas and the second in Atlanta and both were smooth and professional experiences.

I was a Norwood Class 5 before the first procedure. The difference after a year has been night and day for the positive! I almost didn’t do the second procedure because I was so satisfied with the first one. I am glad I went through with the second procedure, as it was a great experience and within two days I was not wearing a hat and nobody noticed the new grafts at all!

My Bosley experience has been great! The only downside I see is the price, as it seems other places charge less, but I’d rather overpay and know I’m getting an experienced surgeon with a good track record than underpay and get a bad operation!

For the record, I do not have any affiliation with Bosley otherthan being a happy patient! 🙂 I have copied this post into several seemingly negative Bosley articles as a satisfied patient rebuttal.

6. Mark
    July 20, 2009 @ 2:55 pm

I went to Bosley nearly 10 years ago (Atlanta), and am very happy with the results. A friend also had similar results. I am getting ready to go back so I was doing research again to see what has changed.

7. Bill - Managing Publisher
    July 21, 2009 @ 11:35 am

There’s no doubt that Bosley has satisfied patients. However, because Bosley is a chain with hundreds of doctors and staff, we have no way of knowing which doctors are using state of the art techniques and which ones aren’t. Bosley has their own method to determine who meets their standards.

Over the last several years, I’ve read mixed reviews and seen mixed results coming from Bosley. I’m thrilled for those who are happy and have great empathy for those who have less than optimal results, regardless of the surgeon.

For those who want to share their experiences and photos or view other Bosley patient experiences with pictures, visit our discussion forum at http://www.hair-restoration-info.com/eve.

Best wishes,

Bill
    Associate Publisher of this Community

8. disapointment
    August 13, 2009 @ 4:44 am

some of you guys are misleading the public the picturs show that some of the people are look alikes…and people do anything for money.4 instance my sister had hair transplants in her hair from bosley and it fell out more after her surgery than bfore it.there are lots of wig and extensions out there this is not a good treatment…wig do work make the right desicion

9. disapointment
    August 13, 2009 @ 4:47 am

some of you guys are misleading the public the pictures show that some of the people are look alikes…and people do anything for money.4 instance my sister had hair transplant in her hair from bosley and it fell out more after her surgery than before it.there are lots of wigs and extensions out there this is not a good treatment…wigs do work make the right desicion

10. Ted
    September 30, 2009 @ 9:34 pm

People really just need to know what they are getting into.

#1) You are likely to NOT have the look you want after only one procedure. People are seeing these great results; but they need to remember, this is likely a result of several procedures. I’ve had 3 with Bosley and I’m contemplating a fourth. (And note that several people that have no knowledge of my transplants assume I have “all my hair”.)

#2) There WILL be scarring from the donor area. Once you’ve made the decision to go ahead with a procedure, know that shaving your head later down the road isn’t really an option anymore. (Unless you don’t mind the scars showing.)

#3 Hair still present in the area receiving the grafts may very well fall out because:
    a) the scalpel used to make the plug receptor cut hair below the hairline.
    b) the procedure is simply stressful on the area and this in turn knocks some hair out.
    Both of these are often temporary, and if the hair wasn’t genetically coded to fall out anyway, it will grow back.

To say a transplant is “not a good treatment” really is a matter of opinion. Bottom line, get extremely educated on the procedure before jumping in. If you don’t, I guarantee you’ll be disappointed.

11. Jesse
    October 29, 2009 @ 6:24 pm

I don’t know if i want to spend thousands and thousands of dollars on my hair… how expensive is this? how long until perfect hair results?

12. Bill - Managing Publisher
    October 29, 2009 @ 10:28 pm

Jesse,

Surgical hair restoration can be expensive…especially if you end up needing more than one procedure which is very likely depending on the amount of current baldness and future hair loss to come. Hair restoration is not a cure, but can often yield cosmetically pleasing results in many patients who are qualified candidates. Clinics typically charge approximately $4 to $8 per follicular unit graft (depending on the type of procedure) and session sizes typically range from several hundred grafts (those with minimal hair loss) to several thousand grafts. The result of each procedure take approximately one year to fully grow in and mature.

I hope this helps.

Bill Seemiller
    Associate Publisher/Editor

13. koko
    November 1, 2009 @ 5:45 am

is the Bosley hair regrowth treatment with minoxidil topical solution 5% a good product?is it better than Regaine minoxidil 5%?what are the diffrences between these products…thank you

14. Chris
    November 1, 2009 @ 8:14 pm

I will tell you that approximately 4-6% of the Bosley patients that have had a procedure there are multiple problems. What are they?

1. The procedure not growing or very little hair growth

2. Excessive scarring in the donor area where it is very visible.

3. No feeling on the scalp or where the donor strip was removed.

Or all of these in combination. Bosley is doing approximately 9500 procedures a year. If you factor the percentage of problems per year that is 380 to 570 bad hair transplants for patients per year x 10 years it is 5700 patients who are screwed for life.

The economy has put added pressure on the company to get people in the chair. If these unhappy patients were to come together in unison this would be huge.

The pressure mounted on the counselors at this time is huge. They have introduced products in their consultations and are expected to sell x-amount or they are fined 250.00 per month for not meeting the sales quota they were given on product sales. The same goes for hair transplants they are given a quota to meet per month. This is a high pressure environment. I would love to bring together patients from across the US to bring their complaints and results a voice.

I work for the company and feel the heat. If the economy were better I would be gone. I have tons of information that would lead an attorney to have his jaw drop to the floor.

The sales consultants are just that not counselors. The company has made it tough for the consultants to be honest but it is really on the the upper management and the Doctors. John Ohanesian, Armen Markarian, Jim Lever and Jim McEvoy, Rob Spurell know these names these are the people who control Bosley, oh we must not forget Dr. Washenik too.

You would be blown away the information that I possess about the real goals of the company and straight from the horses mouth in recorded conversations, emails and such.

I am not saying that the majority of patients are not happy but how would you like to be among the 6% who have had these serious issues. I would say 60% are satisfied with the results after the first procedure but 34% are not and complain and shooed away. The 6% that have serious issues are ignored until they make to much racket and then they pay them off and sign a release to never come back.

There are serious issues and one day I will turn the information I have over to an attorney for a class action lawsuit. Think twice. If anyone has any questions I will answer them the best I can.

I also want to say there are some good doctors at Bosley too that really try but the politics of the company stop them from being better.

Later….

15. Bill - Managing Publisher
    November 2, 2009 @ 2:25 pm

Koko,

Bosley hair regrowth formula, Rogaine, and generic minoxidil treatment are all topical solutions containing the same dosage of the active ingredient minoxidil. Thus in my opinion, purchase and use the lead expensive of the bunch since you’ll achieve the same end result.

I hope this helps.

Bill Seemiller
    Associate Publisher/Editor

16. Sam
    November 19, 2009 @ 10:30 pm

Use of the tobacco drug and exposure to toxic tobacco smoke will cause hair loss. This is why smoking should be banned everywhere and then we ban the tobacco drug.

17. BSP
    November 24, 2009 @ 1:33 am

I have had two procedures at Bosley and they have been perfect! I am planning to have my third and final procedure early next year. The doctors and staff simply can’t be beat. FYI, if you go to a doc that only does one procedure a day, I would say he/she has insufficient experience as a result, and may deliberate too much on the insignificant.

18. hugh
    November 28, 2009 @ 3:40 pm

I had a procedure done in may and right now i am not seeing any results much. Should I be worried? Its been 6 months. Does bosley stand behind there guarantee? I was wondering if they are good about standing behind there work. Everything looks good so far, except waiting on the hair…

19. Bill - Managing Publisher
    November 30, 2009 @ 2:13 am

Hugh,

Hair transplants are typically considered mature 1 year after the procedure. However, in my opinion, contact your clinc to share your concern at this stage. Open communication between patient and physician is important.

Hang in there,

Bill Seemiller
    Associate Publisher/Editor

20. Almost done
    January 29, 2010 @ 4:03 pm

I’ve been to Bosely and got great results,but that doesn’t mean it will be the same for everybody like they said results may vary

21. i use to work for Bosley
    February 1, 2010 @ 7:23 pm

You guys dont use Bosley!
    i use to work for them and this is how they get you as soon as you call for a free information pack they will ask you for all your information. and a week later they will call you harassing you to come in to talk to one of our counselors who know everything about hair transplant (they are actually sells men who are really good in talking you into spending money)
    then your in the system for ever and you will get a call from them everyday. and if you ask to be taken off the calling list they will not take you off they will just put it in the system to call you back in about 3 months. the first thing they told me was “these people that are calling don’t have hair so they are self conscious about their bold head so make sure you set them up for a consultation. if you guys do call don’t give them your correct #. or you will regret it.

22. Elizabeth
    March 3, 2010 @ 10:50 pm

I see that hair loss is very common among men, but what about women? I am 27 and losing my hair. Does this sound normal? I have been to the doctors and they do not see anything wrong with me. My doctor also doesn’t recommend I use Rogain since it messes with fertility and I do plan on having children in the next 5-7 years.
    I really want to try something. I can’t even put my hair in a ponytail without anyone noticing.

23. Tony aka - Youngsuccess
    March 5, 2010 @ 9:43 pm

Elizabeth,

Genetic hair loss is not uncommon in women. Rogaine should not be used by women who are pregnant or nursing; however, I’m not aware of long-term fertility issues. This is something that should be discussed with a hair restoration physician, along with other options, in my opinion.

Best,

Anthony (youngsuccess)

24. Jimmie Gaukler
    April 26, 2010 @ 11:30 pm

I had 2,737 grafts on March 26th in the Raleigh, N.C. office. I can literally count the small hairs on my head that have started to grow in. I would think that I would be able to see more one month later. I understand it takes 9 to 12 months for maturation, but shouldn’t I be able to see more affects, or am I simply being impatient?

25. Bill - Managing Publisher
    April 26, 2010 @ 11:45 pm

Jimmie,

Most of the new transplanted hair falls out between 2 to 4 weeks while only a few will continue to grow. But don’t worry. The transplanted follicles are dormant underneath the scalp and will start producing new hair in 3 to 5 months. As you know, it takes a full year for your hair transplant to grow and mature. Thus, as difficult as it can be to wait, patience is paramount.

Hang in there,

Bill Seemiller – Managing Publisher of this Community

26. Jimmie Gaukler
    April 27, 2010 @ 12:14 am

Thanks for your comment. As an aside, you don’t represent Bosley in any manner, correct? I’ve been reading all of the neagative comments from former and current patients on variuos sites. I suppose I’m really looking for someone to ally my concenrs…or paranoia…

27. Bill - Managing Publisher
    April 27, 2010 @ 2:36 pm

Jimmie,

We are not affiliated with Bosley in any way. However, I encouage you to hang in there and be patient. While we can’t substantiate the quality of Bosley physicians, the best thing to do is wait it out to see how your hair transplant grows out. In the event the outcome isn’t what you expected, you can always consult other leading physicians about getting a touch-up.

Best wishes,

Bill
    Managing Publisher of this Community

28. Steve
    May 23, 2010 @ 1:18 pm

I am 24 and my hair has been slowly thinning in the vortex area through my early-mid 20s. I went in for a consultation at Bosley last year and was prescribed propecia. At a price of $225/3 months, this was expensive (especially being a college student), and I did not notice any results. I usually keep my hair very short, and the doctor said he could do some procedure where there would be virtually no scarring, with results guaranteed (in writing) at a price of between $4000-5000. I have been skeptical of this since I was told Propecia would work and I didn’t really notice it. I researched hair club for men and read a ton of bad reviews about their matrix procedure. I guess my question is, would you recommend that I go in for this procedure now while I would need a small amount of grafts? Any comments on the minimal scarring procedure? Also, they actually DO transplant hair follicals, as opposed to making a fancy wig (like I read hairclub does), correct? On a side note, I heard that Bosley is seeking men over 30 to begin experimenting with a laser treatment to stimulate hair growth.

29. Bill - Managing Publisher
    May 30, 2010 @ 7:54 pm

Steve,

First off, there is no such thing as “guaranteed” results, not even from the best physicians. When a guarantee is offered, it typically means that if you don’t get what you expected, you get something in return. Thus, a typical guarantee would mean that if you don’t get optimal results, they’ll offer to replace the grafts that didn’t grow free of charge. If this occurs, it means another procedure and wasted donor hair (which is finite). Thus, it’s critical no matter who you choose to understand all the risks and limitations to hair transplantation prior to undergoing surgery. I encourage you therefore, to research our community, especially our hair loss discussion forum and social community in order to learn mor about the procedure and the best physicians who practice it. To see a list of who we recommend, visit http://www.hairtransplantnetwork.com/Consult-a-Physician/hair-transplant-surgeons.asp.

Best wishes,

Bill Seemiller
    Managing Publisher of this Community

30. Robert Ginger
    June 16, 2010 @ 10:51 pm

I had 2700 grafts done at Bosley in Chicago by Dr Terrence O’Hare 20 months ago. I would say that its a total scam. I spent $12,000,went through terrible pain and got zero results. Not to mention 1/8 inch wide scars in the donor area. My advice to anyone thinking of using Bosley. DON’T DO IT!

31. Deep
    June 30, 2010 @ 2:07 pm

will hair restoration like Bosley help repair my receeding hairline? From what I’ve read, all of the other options don’t do anything about receeding hairlines.

32. Blake aka - FutureHTDoc
    July 8, 2010 @ 5:27 pm

Deep,

The procedure performed by the doctors at Bosley is the same type of procedure performed by the recommended physicians at the Hair Transplant Network – follicular unit transplantation (FUT). The difference, is that the surgeons at the Hair Transplant Network are screened by this community and recommended by the quality of their work, while we have no information on the hair transplant surgeons at Bosley.

Follicular unit transplantation (FUT) can help your receding hairline. In fact, the procedure can help restore hair to any region of a balding scalp. However, because you say that your hairline is in the process of “receding,” I would recommend a multi-step approach where you utilize medications (such as minoxidil/Rogaine and finasteride/Propecia) with a hair transplant procedure (if you are a candidate). This is because although hair transplant surgery can restore hair to certain areas of your scalp, it cannot prevent progressive hair loss. Medications like minoxidil and finasteride can. Why don’t you take a look at some of our recommended physicians, and consider a consultation? Any of these hair restoration physicians can analyze your situation and help create a plan to move forward. Good luck:

Blake (Future_HT_Doc)

33. Max
    July 17, 2010 @ 8:07 am

Using Bosley for your hair transplant is a horrible idea for many reasons. I have learned this lesson the hard way from previous experience and have had a very difficult journey attempting to repair the damage they have done. First, they are extremely aggressive at selling the procedure. Instead of being reasonable and attempting to help determine if it is right for you, they used scare tactics about future hair loss and appearance to influence me to make an appointment. Furthermore, they made me uncomfortable. I had my procedure in Scottsdale and found Dr. Hamilton to be much less helpful or sincere than other surgeons I have interacted with. He was overly assertive and challenging despite the fact that I was already ill at ease because I had to go into the procedure. without meeting him prior to the consultation before the day before the procedure. The procedure was unnecessarily painful. It was performed too quickly and without enough regard to whether I was always numb. Despite the fact that I payed $12000 for approximately 2500 grafts, which is more expensive than anyone else I’ve dealt with since this time, they used less care than the good surgeons I’ve interacted with since Bosley. Finally, the results are horrible. Either out of incompetence or disregard for my condition, the doctor placed the grafts too low on my head. Being naive I didn’t realize that he was creating an untenable hairline that would turn out to be sparsely filled. Since then I do not have an adequate amount of donor tissue left to possibly be able to fill in the hairline and will be forced to remove the hair following the regrowth after my second transplant. Finally, I’ve done enough research since using Bosley to understand that my result consistent with many other patients and does not appear to be an anamoly. For that reason I strongly urge you to avoid them. There are many smaller, less advertised surgeons who work much more effectively.

34. Chris
    July 20, 2010 @ 4:24 pm

This will BE LONG But stick with me it’s worth it.im sharing this and hope people read the whole thing so this wont be you someday.. do your homework and read as many reviews as you can. Im 28yr old male horseshoe shaped severely thinning. My very UNHAPPY experience Started with a Bosley consultation in Middletown New Jersey with a Bosley Consultant NOT the Dr. performing the surgery. Which in my opinion only the DR.S should do the consultations. You don’t see a consultant when you go to a plastic surgeon you speak with the Surgeon and he explains in detail to you. Anyway So I sat with Ken Batt who was a Bosley patient/consultant whos hair didn’t look good at all.. the cut and style was a horrible look for him to be showing it off to potential customers. He took pictures explained my hair loss pattern etc etc. Explaining I would need about 1000 to 3000 grafts (Im not home to get exact reference) Procedure costins about $5,000 to $6,000 give or take depending on what the Dr. thinks when I get there the day or procedure, but he is usually in the same range as the Dr. There is financing available explaining pretty much everything ( so I thought) in detail. I felt pretty good not 100% satisfied with the consultation, being of a skeptical personality to begin with. He explained that I would have to take Propecia and Rogaine or I could just do one or the other .. he had transplants and tsakes Propecia. Not too many side effects etc etc. Propecia would stop the hair I have from further falling out thicken it and regrow some new hair. That they would redo my hairline and give me hair to the middle top of my head and most men have thining in the Vertex anyway so it wouldnt ever be as thick there anyways even if Rogaine Or Propecia didn’t work to its potential. Why one would use 2 products that virtually do the same thing and waste there money is beyond me.. Everything they tell you isn’t explained in detail. My taking is that they get kick back from the Drug Companies who manufacture Propecia and Rogaine so they are going to try an sell, sell, sell you on that. So I leave the consultation and had a promotional offer of $2.99 per graft or 500 to 1000 for a certain price but had to book and have the procedure before it expired ( as if we’re at the food store). Seemed all well and tempting. So I thought about it and called back to book a procedure date. I booked it for the Philadelphia office because I live in Jersey and my brother lives in Philly so I stayed with him and went from there the day of.I was explained by the consultant I sat with there was DIFFERENT payment options other then the one Credit company I didn’t qualify for.. So he ran my credit with a different company and got me approved for $12,000 which would be plenty being my procedure shouldnt be more then that even if the Dr. added more then originaly thought. I was quoted at the consult for $5,000 to $7,000 for the procedure. I didn’t think that was horribly out of my range and being there would be flexible payment options I could choose from. which by the way the sheet they give you with different monthly payments interest rates etc was totally different the day of the procedure. They never explained or told me the monthly payments or anything over the phone to even see if I could afford it before going to get the procedure done. I was just happy to be getting hair who really thinks about all the details.
    DAY OF PROCEDURE…
    Very Hard time finding parking and NEVER told they had free parking and parking garage at there building site. Had to walk blocks to get there. I arrive to an empty office with just a receptionist bringing me to a room where I will meet the head counselor and he will explain to me and go over procedure payment options and whatever else. I met the Dr. he suggested I get more grafts blah blah and use Rogaine and Propecia. I told him I rather go by what he says, he is the Dr. and expert. Whatever he thinks I should do is cool I rather just do it Im already here hes the expert. i didn’t want to have to come back in the future because I wasn’t going to be happy with the minimum etc. The Sr. Counselor comes back in tells me the new price $12,000 and change (I think I stopped breathing a few seconds) He then asked me what I wanted to eat for lunch etc. Told me the receptionist would be in with the papers to sign for the line of credit. He leaves Im sitting there (alone) like Oh My God what just happend my procedure just doubled in 5 mins of being here. Receptionist comes in with the forms to sign I see NOTHING about how much my payment will be or interest rates etc. I told her (Thank God) I wasn;’t signing anything til she got me in writing what my monthly payment would be. She came back with a $400 and change monthly payment. I said I can’t afford that that is CRAZY and I thought there were options? This is a set figure and how is that an option your telling me what it HAS to be. I told her I wanted to see the counselor. Asked him how did my procedure double in price? Why weren’t there different payment options? Why I need to take both Propecia and Rogaine? He told me well what can you afford a month?(Didn’t know I was Car Shopping) We can make that payment lower with less grafts. So I find myself all fired up and going at it with the Sr. counselor who was pretty much like a CAR SALESMAN. Went back and forth in and out of the room with different monthly payments number of grafts etc. I told him that the whole thing was rediculous and I felt like I was being taken advantage of. None of this was explained before getting here, that it would be doubled in price or it was a set monthly payment now Im haggeling prices. The consultant In Jersey never said it would be that dramatic from his quote of money and grafts to the Dr.s. meanwhile what was only supposed to be a $5000 to $7000 procedure was costing me $12,000, which keep in mind I was approved for that much to begin with even before going to get the procedure done.. (IRONIC) Told him I had to think about it I had a bad taste in my mouth i wasn’t going through with it that day i wanted to make sure it was the right thing. he said what can we do to get you to go through with this. I said the same amount of grafts the Dr told me he would do today for the quoted price at the Consult.. That’s not possible we would lose money we can maybe meet half way etc.. Told him I would leave and call him at a later date I wasn’t commiting to anything. Still tried to get me to stay and kept apologizing. The monthly payment was in the 200’s when we met half way with the number of grafts. My point being is make it a standard price for everyone and reasonable and people will flock to you for a good reason. They falsely advertise. Of course they aren’t telling you anything bad on the infomercial or at the consultation. You wouldn’t want to go there then. tell you that you will have to use Rogaine Or Propecia for the rest of your life. They NEVER show you photos or Infomercials of the full head of guys. Top view vertex or any other pictures just frontal hair line and middle top. Don’t explain that you may need to keep going back for future transplants that the hair you have on the frontal part which hasn’t fallen out yet will, and Rogaine or Propecia doesn’t stop that from doing so. Therfore your hair will be less thick, full and dense looking. leaving you with a balding thin looking frontal hairline again. Everyones body is different . yes there maybe some good cases and bad cases.. I think more bad (hush hush) cases then good.A company shouldn;t be ripping people off or making them discouraged. instead keeping it professional and reasonably priced and doing everything in there power to keep old and new coming back for only GOOD experiences. not rob you of your money and if your procedure doesn’t take or work push you to the side after getting your money. hair transplantation has come a long way, but isn’t a fix all and in thelong run will still cost you a lot of money over time with followups/regrafting, Propecia & Rogaine costs for the rest of your life. I rather be bald then give Bosley my money Or the Pharmacutical companies my money.. I Have read numerous good things about NU-HAIR and the new laser comb. which Im definately Im going to try the NuHair.. Whats the worst that could happen is it doesn’t work. I would much rather try different products first then getting hair transplantation. Rogaine and Propecia aren’t all they are cracked up to be either. Just because the FDA hasn’t approved something Natural or other then those doesn’t mean there isn’t something else out there that won’t. They will only produce what they know will make money.. The world is corrupt and greedy. It’s all about money. Do your research. I will definately be following up if this ever goes to class action suit. I want to testify. This shouldn’t happen to anyone. Im just glad I wasn’t as shy, vulnerable and taken advantage of like others may have been. I guess it pays to stick up for yourself and your money. This was definately a CAR buying experience, which I also am no longer taken advantage of with them anymore either. =) Good Luck, Hit me up if you have any questions . Sorry it’s long and out of sorts..

35. craig
    August 18, 2010 @ 10:45 pm

has anyone had a surgery with bosley and had the shedding or shocking. Positive and negative comments and trying to find out from different people how long it takes for the hair you shed takes to come back in. Did anyone feel like there hair was thinner or had less after the procdure and how long to it came back to normal and how long to you noticed you had more hair. I not bald but am thinning in the back aroubd the crown and in the front. I want to have a more thicker fuller look. My problem is im thinking of having a procedure done the 2nd week in Sept but have a wedding to go to the first week of December. I dont want to go to the wedding with less hair than i have now.
    I look forward to hearing anyones response Thanks.

36. Blake aka - FutureHTDoc
    August 24, 2010 @ 1:49 pm

Craig,

Shock loss around the donor scar area (the shedding you are describing) is a pretty common occurrence. It usually comes back within 3-4 months and demonstrates the same characteristics as before (ie: it doesn’t come back thinner or thicker – usually).

If you’re researching a second procedure, I highly recommend reviewing our recommended hair transplant surgeons:

I hope this helps!

Blake (Future_HT_Doc)
    Editorial Assistant

37. Bill
    September 3, 2010 @ 4:54 pm

What is your relationship with the doctors you recommend. Do you receive remuneration from them of any kind?

Bill

38. Bill - Managing Publisher
    September 7, 2010 @ 10:43 am

Bill,

How we recommend surgeons and how this community is funded is laid out clearly on our physicians standards page. See also, “How We Recommend Hair Transplant Surgeons” on our discussion forum.

Best wishes,

Bill
    Managing Publisher of this Community

39. Big Tex
    September 22, 2010 @ 9:28 am

I am 45 yr old male and have never had any hair loos and always had thick blonde hair I used a over the counter pro hormone test booster about 9 months ago. I started loosing hair durring that time when I relized it was the test boosted I stopped useing it my hair is very thin in the front now and I have some loss on the temple areas. I can now see my scalp through the hair where before it was think and you couldnt see my scalp. I have noticed posssible new hair growth ( small hairs. short hairs in the front and sides of the front of my scalp ) I cant tell if I have any other growth deeper in the scalp area. I am useing injectable B-12 and HGH (2nd week of both) is this what new hair growth lookks like? will hair grow back on it own . Thanks Larz

40. David aka - TakingthePlunge
    September 25, 2010 @ 4:47 am

Larz,

If you have not yet done so, I recommend consulting with a dermatologist to determine the nature of your sudden hair loss and what treatments may benefit you. Only time will tell if your hair will return on its own.

Although you had not previously experienced hair loss, it is possible that the testosterone booster awakened a genetic predisposition to balding. If so, you may benefit from Propecia (finasteride) and Rogaine (minoxidil).

David (TakingThePlunge)

41. Big Tex
    September 27, 2010 @ 11:39 pm

David thanks for the response. I am now on week 3 of B12 and HGH and do see new hair growth in the front areas of my head and I would assume in the middle section as well. I went and sought a scrip for propecia today and should start 1 mg per day. I am now a daily reader of this web page / fourm. I have learnd so much and fell sick about my hair loss due to the use of a test booster. If anyone else has any help and or advice I will look foward to seeing it. Thanks to all.
    Larz

42. David (TakingThePlunge)
    September 30, 2010 @ 11:20 pm

Larz,

I’m glad to help! I’m also very happy to hear that you have found valuable information on our forum and blog sites. Congratulations on your decision to start Propecia. I hope it works well for you. Best of luck!

David (TakingThePlunge)

43. John H.
    October 9, 2010 @ 12:56 pm

I had an excellent experience in the Denver office of Bosley. The doctor and staff were highly professional and efficient. I can not imagine how any experience for a hair transplant could be better. From begginning to end I felt confident that this was the right place. I am looking forward to a very favorable result.

44. Joe
    November 4, 2010 @ 2:49 pm

I’ll make this short, I had two procedures with Bosley in Boca Raton, Fl. with DR. Dean, BEST THING I EVER DID. I’ll be 70 years old in three weeks, planning to go for my 3rd procedure.

If you’ve lost some of your confidence because of hair loss, this will cure you. It worked for me.

Joe
    Ft. Myers, Fl

45. Ric
    December 7, 2010 @ 12:30 am

Last hair transplant at Bosley in Beverly Hills, California was in 1995. I spent $27,631.50 for all of my procedures. I ended up getting a Staff Infection which was diagnosed by another private Dermatologist as Folliculitis and Scarring Alopecia and ended up losing 90% my hair transplants. I had a meeting with Dr. Bosley, himself, which he offered no help, remedies or suggestions on my hair loss caused by his employees using contaminated instruments during my procedures which caused the Staff Infection.

46. Jon
    January 11, 2011 @ 11:37 pm

Nicely written article. I’ve been fighting hair loss since I was 19. Now 42. I travelled to Canada and had a transplant at the Seager Hair Transplant Centre ($4,000 in 1995) (back when the $ was worth something). Great results. Currently I’m using Nizoral, Laser Comb, and Promox to avoid furher surgury.

47. Jon
    January 11, 2011 @ 11:47 pm

Did you read the long story from the NJ dude? OMG that was funny! I couldn’t figure out which one was more stupid: the dude or the company! hehehe

48. Tiffany
    January 31, 2011 @ 1:47 pm

Has any women done hair restoration with Bosley? It seems like Bosley is a reputable company from what I know of so far when reading their website & AskBosley Blog, but I just want some first-hand accounts from women patients.

49. ChrisR
    March 1, 2011 @ 7:42 pm

I had to apply 5FU on my scalp for a dead skin peel and it took some hair off. I went to Bosley – nice people – but the bid is for about 12-15K, for 2200 and 2600 grafs. What concerns me is if I have to do additional procedures, and the medications including the laser comb. I also have to admit I am concerned about the outpatient part of the procedure. I am reviewing the paperwork but I am also going to get a 2nd opinion from a Doctor on the Hair Transplant Web Site this Friday. I thank everyone for their comments and if you e-mail me or post any advice I would appreciate it.

50. Chris
    August 9, 2011 @ 12:25 pm

Hi Everyone,

FYI…Bosley is overpriced and they really don’t care about you. Have a problem and try to get it resolved. The only way you are going to get corrective action (refund) is too threaten a lawsuit or go public with your results.

Not everyone has issues but be among the many that do across the US, what a nightmare.

Bosley promotes themselves as the leaders in the industry, why? They are the best known because of advertising that’s it.

You owe it to yourself before you part with your hard earned cash to visit with several experts. Bosley is a sales organization, you need a doctor who cares about you.

The doctor in Dallas was an ER doctor, he is not even a general surgeon. They have a cardiologist in Beverly Hills doing hair transplants. Who would leave being a cardiologist to do HT’s? A cardiologist who was not a good cardiologist. You want one of these guys doing your surgery?

You guys have to be smarter when choosing who you have do your work , research, research and then more research. This is surgery, not a hair cut. This is forever, good or bad, you own it forever no going back.

Bosley has great advertising and good sales people. They even have women selling the procedure that will tell you how hot you will look once it is done and they would date you. C’mon wake up that is sales.

Make sure you look at all documentation before moving forward, don’t wait till the day you get there, after driving or flying in to find that they will not be responsible for issue that arise later. Read the release the day you go in for your consult not on the day of procedure.

It’s a numbers game with them just as with any other sales organization, some will bite and some will not. They will sweep the problems under the carpet the quickest way they can so you never hear about them.

Bosley Medical Violations is from an unhappy patient but what he says is true. You may be one of the lucky ones but you can also be one of the unlucky ones and forget about it at that point, your gonna be a mess forever. Think…..

Good Luck-Go non-surgical better and reversible.